Laborda Abogados is a boutique law firm that provides a first class legal advice, covering the full range of Chilean civil and commercial law. Our services are aimed at foreign individuals or companies that require a specialised Attorney to act on their behalf to deal with matters related to Chilean law.
• Setting up a business in Chile.
• Business relocation.
• Tourist extension visas.
• Temporally residence permits.
• Definite residence permits.
• Family reunion.
• Working and residence permits as self-employed.
• Working and residence permits for employees.
• Residence permits with non-profitable interests.
• Residence for foreign students.
• Renewal of permits and residencies.
• Transfer foreign workers employed by USA or European companies doing business in Chile.
• Acquisition of Chilean nationality and passport.
• Judicial procedures in immigration matters.
• Sale and purchase of properties, and time-sharing residential property, as well as commercial property.
• Drafting of rental agreements of commercial property, business and residential property.
• Real estate law in general, including planning applications and administrative appeals.
• Development projects and contracts, both for tourism and residential purposes.
• Project financing.
• Public coastal domain.
• Building contracts.
• Time-share contracts.
COMPANY & COMMERCIAL LAW
• Company se tup and structures.
• Incorporation of foreign companies, subsidiaries or branches of foreign companies in Chile.
• Company sales and purchase.
• Joint ventures and shareholders agreements.
• Agency and distribution agreements.
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• Commercial contracts both national and international.
• Real estate transactions in Chile.
• Setting up of foreign business in Chile.
• Foreigners living and/or working or doing business in Chile.
• Overseas transactions for EU-USA based countries.
• Advice on indirect taxation issues (V.A.T.) (I.V.A).
• Appeals before the Tax Authorities and Courts.
• Disputes with Chilean national and local authorities.
• Chilean and international civil and commercial litigations.
• Claims in general.
• Debt recognition and collection in Chile.
• Enforcement of foreign judgments in Chile.
• Brands, advising on their development, management and protection.
• Trade mark and patent registration.
• Claims in general.
• Know how licensing.
• Copyright and design-right licensing.
• Litigation for infringement of intellectual property rights.
• Ship and boat sale and purchase.
• Ship use and operation contracts.
• Litigations, claims and seizures.
• Pleasure boating.
• Ship registration.
• Chilean wills.
• Recognition and execution of foreign wills in Chile.
• Probate, testate and intestate inheritances.
• Inheritance tax planning.
• Chilean probate and administration of estates.
• Divorce and separation.
INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC LAW AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES